Location: Athens, GA
Nawkaw is calling on all entry-level marketing professionals in the Athens, GA area to apply and join our team as a full-time Marketing Assistant, collaborating with the Marketing Generalist.
This role offers entry-level marketing professionals a unique opportunity to wear multiple hats and broaden their skills across a wide range of marketing styles. These styles range from digital and social media marketing to B2B marketing, trade show marketing, strategic planning, data analytics, and much more. This role provides the space to experiment with new ideas, explore all aspects of marketing, and ensure your creative voice is heard!
No two days are the same at Nawkaw – we’re a world leader in a niche field, and we’re seeking self-motivated and adaptable individuals eager to hone their skills and foster a career.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing inventory and assisting in the shipment of marketing materials to regional offices
- Assisting with vendor management, including photographers, graphic designers, etc.
- Assisting in administrative tasks surrounding internal company newsletters, white papers, case studies, and other marketing collateral.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with the Marketing Generalist to create new campaigns
- Utilizing data and analytics to track key process indicators of success
- Managing company social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
What We Need From You
- A strong desire to explore marketing, create new ideas, and play an active role!
- Tech-savy, with a desire to learn new platforms and systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related programs
- Proficiency in photo editing software (Canva, Photoshop, Affinity Photo, or similar software)
- Proficiency in written communication, with the ability to adapt and adopt the current Nawkaw brand style
- Strong communication skills
- Comfort with occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds and working from step ladders
- Ability to “wear multiple hats,” shifting between projects as needed with minimal oversight
- Excellent time management skills
What We Offer to You (on top of other Nawkaw benefits for full-time employees)
- Collaboration in a fast-paced corporate environment, with a front-row seat to the workings of an international company and its departments
- Occasional paid travel opportunities, events, and trade shows
- An active role in shaping the direction and goals of the Marketing Department
- Paid continuing educational opportunities to foster your professional skills
- Local networking opportunities through the Chamber of Commerce
What We Would Love From You (but Don’t Require)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience with video editing software (Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve)
- Experience with layout design software (InDesign, Publisher)
- A portfolio of your creative work in graphic design, writing, photography, or video
- Previous work experience in a marketing department or in B2B marketing
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of Nawkaw, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Nawkaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Employer.
Nawkaw will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Please fill out the fields below to receive a job application form. We will provide you with a job application form within 48 business hours. A confirmation message will appear where the form once was when you click “Submit”. Thank you for applying to Nawkaw!