Sales Representative - Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, Missouri(USA)
Nawkaw is looking for a Sales Representative local to the Kansas City, MO area to take over a very successful territory. Experience working in the construction industry, including reading blueprints and architectural drawings, is preferred and a huge plus!
As Sales Representative you will be responsible to open new operations and oversee daily business activities, manage budgets, develop strategic plans, identify and map business strengths and weaknesses and communicate business goals. You will be conducting sales and attracting clients via face-to-face and social media interactions with potential and existing customers. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing revenue and income for the company by managing and negotiating with clients, qualifying prospects, generating leads, researching sales competition, and managing the sale of products and services.
This is a full-time position, with company-provided life insurance, employer-subsidized medical, dental and disability benefits, 401K retirement program, paid vacation, wages commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are looking for a self-starter, who is ready to take their sales career to the next level!
Nawkaw is the pioneer of vertical-facing concrete and masonry stain. Our work takes our crews across the country and three different continents, working on projects large and small to provide a once-in-a-generation color solution.
Our expert stain applicators create unique finishes to emulate common building materials, and our products utilize sustainable components with zero VOC content. With over 30 years’ experience in the industry, we know we’ve got a proven product and winning formula that is recognized in the Midwest market!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Ensuring excellent customer service at all times
- Forecasting sales, implementing innovative sales strategies
- Generating leads
- Developing clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers
- Building and maintaining a network of sources from which to identify new leads
- Maintaining and expanding a clientele base within the designated territory
- Maintaining detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer problems
- Communicating effectively with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups
- Recommending improvements to boost sales team performance
- Attending tradeshows, meetings, conferences, and educational opportunities to keep ahead of the latest trends and developments
- Travel throughout assigned territories to represent the company and achieve sales goals
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Strong social and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and personal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Ability to travel frequently in assigned territory
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
- Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ solutions sales experience
- 1+ years’ experience in reading blueprints and architectural drawings
- 1+ years’ experience in project management
- Background in concrete or brick industry is a plus
Nawkaw values their employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Employer-subsidized Medical, Dental, and Disability benefits
- 401k Plan
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Nawkaw works to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please fill out the fields below to receive a job application form. We will provide you with a job application form within 48 business hours. A confirmation message will appear where the form once was when you click “Submit”. Thank you for applying to Nawkaw!