HR Generalist & Office Administrator
Human Resources Generalist and Office Administrator
The HR Generalist and Office Administrator is a dual role involving full spectrum human resources and office administrative responsibilities of Nawkaw.
In 1988, Nawkaw was founded in Toronto, Canada by CEO Russell Gray. Ever since, Nawkaw has pioneered the concrete and masonry industry by manufacturing innovative, high-quality, and environmentally-friendly products. Nawkaw offers both commercial and residential services and strives to invent techniques that result in outstanding architectural finishes on concrete and masonry. With branches all over the USA, Canada, and Australia, Nawkaw is an international company and is proud to be working with people from around the world.
Join our incredibly talented team of stain applicators and learn how to create architectural finishes on concrete and masonry!
Human Resources tasks: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/ employment, and employment law compliance.
Office Administrator tasks: responsible for overall front office activities, managing the outsourced IT department, large purchasing requests, facilities, and management of the building.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
A self-starter, who is just as comfortable working autonomously as with a team. Should be corporate culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm to the office and offering up new ideas and programs.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of employee handbook and personnel policies and procedures, in conjunction with senior management
- Talent acquisition, including job description review, jobs postings, resume review and screening, scheduling interviews, and onboarding employees. Maintain and update talent acquisition and onboarding documents
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and, communicating benefit information to employees
- Conducts recruitment efforts; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and, exit interviewing
- Assist with planning employee appreciation and training events
- Ability to handle confidential and time sensitive material, including maintaining control of highly confidential and sensitive information at all times. Emotionally mature to handle confidential information and highly sensitive personnel matters
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment
- Track and compile data and perform fundamental analysis, prepare reports, presentations, and spreadsheets, as needed
- Responsible for management of the building, which includes but not limited to managing repairs, tenant issues, etc.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, security system, etc.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access, etc.)
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative and office activities.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Responsible for arranging internal office moves
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Participates as needed in special department projects
- Maintain a well-organized, high-functioning, secure, and presentable working environment
- Prepares and maintains a variety of correspondence, which may include notices, files, records, announcements, communication materials and/or other related information
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and Quickbooks
- Working knowledge of office processes
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong references
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business with a concentration or interest in HR
- 3 years of prior HR experience
- 2 years of prior office administration experience
- Construction business experience is a plus
- Payroll experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
Nawkaw values integrity, respect and fairness for all communication on every level. While integrity assures credibility as an individual and as a company, respect for each other during our everyday interactions will encourage a healthier collaborative work environment, leaving plenty of room for innovative ideas and personal development. At Nawkaw your daily contribution will be recognized, and excellence will be rewarded. As an employer we promote a work-life-balance that caters to you and your family’s needs while providing equal opportunities for everyone.
In addition to consistent work, competitive pay, and room for growth, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with Nawkaw.
- Paid Training
- Paid Travel + Expenses
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Incentive Programs
- 401K Retirement Program
- Opportunities for Promotions/Advancements
- Highly Competitive Wages Based on Experience and Performance
- Employer-Subsidized Insurance for you and your dependents (Health, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short/Long-term Disability)
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Nawkaw provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please fill out the fields below to receive a job application form. We will provide you with a job application form within 48 business hours. A confirmation message will appear where the form once was when you click “Submit”. Thank you for applying to Nawkaw!